Sunday, June 7, 2009

Allow Myself to Introduce Myself

There are some key things about me that I think you should know.

I'm single. I love sex and everything about it. I'm a Mormon.

While parts one and two are unremarkable in this day and age, the third piece sort of cancels the first two out as within the church, good single girls should not be even thinking about sex. In the grand tradition of my church, I should have been married and popped out at least for kids by my 34th birthday. Also in the grand tradition of the church, I'd also be depressed, popping Prozac like breath mints. My only socialization would be with other members of the church. My blog would be a mommy blog filled with mountains of pictures of my incredibly blessed and vanilla life, helpful pointers of a harried homemaker, and dissections of the inspiring and spirit-filled talks and lessons I had heard that Sunday.

Obviously, this is not my life.

Never married. No kids. I have a career. I am financially independent. I own my own home. In a church full of what others refer to as a "peculiar people", I'm the oddball.

So rather than face the disapproving looks of the matronly women in Relief Society by my mere singleness, I just stopped going. However, some habits die hard, and I still refer to myself as a member of the church, much in the same way someone who hasn't been to mass since they were a child still refers to themselves as Catholic.

I'm also a big fan of sex and all things related. I've read countless books. Researched. Joined message boards. Even tried out a website once. Sensuality. Eroticism. Kink. Whatever fetish you can think of, I'm sure I've read up on it just to satiate my curiosity. My heroes are Dr. Ruth and Sue Johannson. I want their jobs. I've been in relationships and had sex. I've had relationships that were sex-based.

I've decided to stop fighting the sexual beast within and embrace it. Excommunication be damned.

This is my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment